Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy this grain free, nut free cupcake recipe. For those of you trying to reduce your gluten or grain intake, this is an awesome high protein treat. Remember to enjoy mindfully, savoring each bite!
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 15-20 min Total time: 25-30min
Makes 24 servings
1/2 cup coconut flour
6 Tbsp raw cacao powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 large pasture raised eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (sub honey for SIBO/low FODMAP diet)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
12-14oz can of coconut cream (look for additives)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cacao powder
1. Chill coconut cream overnight in the refrigerator 12-24 hours
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with unbleached paper
liners or coconut oil
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl or blender, mix the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry and whisk together.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them all the way to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
5. While cupcakes are baking, make frosting by pouring can of coconut cream into a mixing bowl with honey, vanilla and cacao. Beat with a whisk until fluffy and smooth. Once cupcakes are cooled, spread on frosting. You can cut a corner of a plastic bag to pipe frosting onto cupcakes or just spread with a.
To make into a nut butter cupcake, fill pan halfway with batter and add in some macadamia nut butter or organic peanut butter, then pour batter on top. When fully baked, it will have a delicious peanut butter cup interior!
You can always make this recipe without the frosting to reduce sugar content and make the recipe simpler